Let’s be real, pizza is serious comfort food. For me it is one food that I could eat everyday…not saying that I should or would from a health perspective but I just love it!! With lots of pizzas being heavy on the meat and cheese it can be difficult to know where to start if you want to make your own without animal products. Since going vegan I’ve probably eaten more pizza…I love playing with food and recipes and the challenge of coming up with different ideas for vegan pizzas was good fun. The more I made the more I realised it was actually super easy to come up with different topping combinations but it can be hard to know where to start.
In case you’re in need of a little inspiration below are a few of my favourite pizza topping combinations. All can be topped with your favourite vegan cheese or eaten without. Enjoy!
- Mushroom, red onion, red pepper and sweetcorn
- Linda McCartney’s vegetarian chorizo and red pepper sausages, mushroom and sweetcorn
- Courgette, aubergine, pepper and chilli
- Onion, mushroom and courgette
- Roasted tomato, green beans and sweetcorn
- BBQ jackfruit, red onion and sweetcorn
- Sundried tomato, olives and spinach
- Sausage alternative, artichokes and vegan pesto
- Aubergine, mushroom and vegan pesto
- Breakfast pizza – tofu scramble, tomato, mushroom and onion
Please share your favourites in the comments so we can make this an even better list!